This post doesn’t have anything to do with anti-Jewish sentiment.Â However, I believe that individuals who hold the views seen below, are susceptible to anti-Jewish feelings, as they are growing in popularity on the left.Â These individuals did not utter one anti-Semitic word, but had the discussion continued, I may have been able to identify anti-Jewish feelings.Â Anyhow, here’s the story:
Last night, I had the “pleasure” of dining with a few of ignorant left-wingers. The scene was a dinner for a friend and the left-wingers were friends of my friend – one German girl and one Indian girl. I generally make a point of not talking about politics, especially with people who I have just met. The conversation was going great, but then one of the girls said something to the effect of “why can’t somebody shoot George Bush”. Kind of surprised, in response to this idiotic comment, I said “Why would you want that?” and, of course, I got the typical ignorant leftist response: “he’s an idiot”. I challenged the girl to qualify that statement – after all, using the argument “he’s an idiot” only proves one thing – that the person calling GWB an idiot is an idiot him/herself.
I pushed for a more complete answer and the response was: “He starts wars for nothing and he lies.” At this point, the others began listening in. One individual was surprised to meet somebody that gives GWB the benifit of the doubt and couldn’t stop saying “Is he serious? Does he really support George Bush?”. Ignoring him, knowing that he was going to kick the discussion up a notch, I turned back to the first girl and explained to her about how Saddam had killed over one-million Arabs and that that is reason enough to protect Iraqis.Â Never mind the 17 United Nations resolutions against Iraq, punishable with military intervention.
At this point, the German girl began saying how the current Chancellor of Germany likes George Bush and that “nobody in Germany likes George Bush”, an apparent contradiction. I asked her why she dislikes George Bush and she said “Because he started an unneccessary war and he’s going to start another”.Â I said “I assume you’re referring to Iran”, to which she replied “yes”.Â My response to her was simple – Iran is now threatening Israel with destruction on a weekly basis now and is very obviously developing the means to destroy Israel.Â This is just the next step in the Muslim-Israel cycle – we’ve seen this before, most prominently with Nasser, Sadat and Arafat.Â When somebody threatens violence, and have the means to follow through, they probably will.Â Iran is doing just that now and they must be stopped.Â This basically left her speechless.Â I was nice enough not to point out that being German, she should be sensitive to issues about individuals wanting to wipe Jews off the map.
Unfortunately, I had to leave at this point.Â However, I want to point out that my exchange with these individuals reminded me of an hilarious email that I received long ago about how to deal with peace activists.Â If only I had the cojones to try this technique.Â Without further ado, I present “How to deal with peace activists” (courtesy of Israel Forum):
“Peace Activists” try to convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001, and those who support terror.
These activists may be alone or in a gathering…..most of us don’t know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:
1. Listen politely while this person explains his views. Strike up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in his ideas. He will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. He will probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.
2. In the middle of his remarks, without any warning, punch him in the nose.
3.When the person gets up off of the ground, he will be very angry and may try to hit you, so be careful.
4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings about more violence and remind him of his stand on this matter. Tell him if he is really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved attacks, he will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell him he must lead by example if he really believes what he is saying.
5. Most of activists will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.
6. As soon as he does that, hit him again. Only this time hit him much harder. Square in the nose.
7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.